Home Page for the Bracknell & District Branch of Parkinson's UK
The aim of our branch is to provide help for people affected with Parkinson's and who live in and around Bracknell, including Wokingham, Crowthorne, Binfield, Ascot, Sunningdale and Lightwater. Information about our branch on the following is available:
One of our new members recently explained that he joined Bracknell & District Parkinson’s Group for two reasons:
- To learn more about Parkinson’s Disease
- To meet other people with Parkinson’s
Once he was a member he says that he found three other significant benefits:
- There are subsidised, services available to members including physiotherapy, hydrotherapy, massage and chiropody.
- There are enjoyable social events where you meet a great bunch of people.
- There are opportunities to contribute to research projects to help find a cure for the disease.
In summary he says he has gained real value in terms of education, encouragement, physical fitness and inspiration from being a member of Bracknell Parkinson’s.
We hope you will join us too - please get in touch with us if you have been diagnosed with Parkinson's and live in and around Bracknell - we have members from Wokingham, Crowthorne, Binfield as well as Bracknell.
A copy of our Branch Leaflet is available to download by clicking here
- Monthly evening meetings at which members can meet together in a friendly atmosphere to exchange views and hear a talk from a speaker on a Parkinson's issue or a general topic of interest.
- The services of an Information Support Worker who acts as a 'friendly contact' for members as well as advising on how to claim for benefits and obtain assistance from social services.
- Access to Parkinson's Nurse Specialists, who are able to provide advice on medication and related matters. New members are encouraged to arrange a meeting at an early stage.
- Weekly hydrotherapy sessions are currently available for a small charge of £3.50 per session. Please see details on how to take part on the web page on the left.
- Twice monthly physiotherapy sessions - £2 per session - designed for people with Parkinson's.
- Regular newsletters advising members of local sources of help as well as information and initiatives arising from the national level of Parkinson's UK.
- Regular fish and chip nights in a local pub and other social activities.
Kay Andrews (Information and Support Worker: Bracknell Forest, Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead)
0844 225 3676
Sarah Dolan (Information and Support Worker: Reading and Wokingham)
0844 225 3677
Debra Vincent Scott
Advanced Nurse Practitioner in Parkinson management
Parkinson's Nurse Specialist
Secretary of Bracknell & District Branch